Copy Right Law Survey!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Personal Opinion

There will never be a practical way of ensuring that music is never distributed illegally. The music industry is going to have to deal with it and cut their losses. This could weed out the people that just want to make money from the people that only care about making music.

I think a song is not something you should charge people to enjoy, If you want to make money as a musician make it by doing concerts. I know people that are not popular or just starting out lose money doing gigs but it's not like their music is being pirated anyway. If only a small percentage of the music industry is the multi-millionaires than you can bet that the same percentage are the only people getting their music pirated because they're the only ones popular enough to make it on the peer-to-peer networks, and at that point it's not like they would suffer much from it.

I would not feel guilty about not paying for my music. I think it is ridiculous that people can make millions with some of the stuff out there that I wouldn't even consider music. You have a lot of people in America that work over forty hours a week doing jobs that are more important than writing songs and they get paid next to nothing. I think having the open sharing of music will at least even things out a little.

Despite what you may get from this I want readers to know that it is the law I think needs to change. Until it does we all have to obey it.

-Brian Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment